Zoe came over earlier to plan our roadtrip. Since it was beautiful outside, we set out a blanket on my driveway and took a couple atlases to plot a potential journey.
From home (Chicago) we go to:
- Mille Lacs Kathio State Park in Minnesota
- Spruce Woods Provencial Park in Manitoba, Canada
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park in Medora, North Dakota
- Crooked Creek on Fort Peck Lake in Winnet, Montana
- Fairy Lake (or Half Moon) Campgrounds in Bozeman, Montana
- A hostel for 2.5 days in West Yellowstone, Wyoming
- Keyhold State Park in Moorcroft, Wyoming
- Cedar Pass Campgrounds at Badlands National Park in Interior, South Dakota
- A hotel in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- A hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
12 days. 6 states, one Canada. Lots of camping and national parks. Mmm...roughing it! And if it rains a lot, we're screwed.
And if anyone has any suggestions, or other information on any of these places, we are definitely flexible and willing to change. We basically know nothing about any of it.
Then Zack came over and the three of us hung out until we finished the itinerary. Then Patty reminded me that today is Election Day, so they came with me as "moral support" as I went and voted for people I've never heard of into positions that I don't understand. I feel more un-American now than if I hadn't voted...because literally, I was picked based on names, and if there was a woman, I automatically voted for her. So bad! But it's only village trustees and school board and other stupid shit. So.
Then we went to Zoe's for a snack and started to watch Chocolat. After an hour (at 6:45), we had to leave because Zoe was seeing a movie with her parents. So Zack and I went to his house to get him pants (it got cold...and he's a wuss) then went to Baker's Square for dinner. Blar.
We didn't know what to do after, and we had until 9:30 until Zoe was going to join us again...so we went to hang out at Barnes & Noble for 2 hours. AHHH! It was fun and entertaining in that Zack and I got to chat a lot...but it's fucking Barnes and Noble and we were there for 2 hours.
Then! Zoe has the nerve to call and say that she's too tired and it just going home.
Like hell! So the two of us went back over to her house, finished watching Chocolat and stayed another 2 hours for spite. 'Twas fun and good. Zack is good peoples. ;-)
Home now. And tired. And quite headachy...though I've been clenching my teeth again. Silly stress.
I NEED to open a checking account tomorrow. Note to self: do that.