Gail (gailmarie) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Sooooooo Pissed!!!

So I pick up all my friends, and we drive downtown. Yucky Chicago traffic, we make it down in about an hour and a half (so not too bad). We get to House of Blues (without getting lost, yeah me!) at 5:50. They open doors for the show at 6, so we meander around the building, using bathrooms and checking out the Company Store. When we go to get into the Main Hall, this security dude says "You know Dexter Freebish concert was canceled, right?" Umm...NO! So I say, "Can I refund the tickets or anything?" (Extremely full of *attitude*...I was mad!) He points to the box office. I wait there, and the woman says I can't exchange them here, because I didn't buy them here. That means I have to go back to Dominick's and if that doesn't work, I just got screwed out of $60. Mes amies have not paid yet, nor will I make them at this point.

I'm mad, but we obviously don't want to just go home, so we start to walk. We had seen a Nordstrom's (and as you may remember by my Indianapolis Nordstrom's story), I'm a goddess at finding malls. We enter Nordstrom's and low and behold...there's an entrance to a mall. We walk through The Shops of North Bridge, all four levels. It was relatively small. Quant, but cute. At Hallmark, I bought this *ugly* little Pandapotamus. (It's a Panda + Hippopotamus) It was on major sale and was only $1.90. I decided it would be cool to take pictures of it downtown to remember the night.

We decided to call Allie's mom for a suggestion of what to do (cus the mall was boring). She said we should go to Giordano's for dinner. Yum...really good stuffed pizza. She gives us some rough directions, because no one really knows where we are. However, thanks to my excellent sense of direction, and Allie's ability to find anything around the Michigan Avenue area (she's the shopping queen), we found it flawlessly...almost. We walked one block south before realizing we were going south and should be going north. The wait at Giordano's was about 45 minutes, so we sat around. Realized how hungry and thirsty we were, and waited impatiently for our table.

While sitting at a table near the bar, we decide to entertain ourselves with games of tic-tac-toe and hangman. There was a piece of paper a kid had been playing hangman with earlier. It wasn't finished. The little man was hung, but the spaces weren't filled in. We tried to figure it out with the only clues being that the 4th of 5 letters was A and that it wasn't I, M, E, B, P, T, L and some other letters. The only two things we came up with were Groan and Gonad...neither of which we decided were kid words.

We ate a delicious dinner of cheese stuffed crust pizza, garlic bread and Sprite (well, Melissa had spaghetti with a Coke, Allie had the pizza with a Coke, and Amanda had pizza with spinach and a water...though you don't really care about that).

We decided to walk back to the car the long way, via Michigan Avenue. It was past nine, so the stores were all closed, but it was still pretty. Got some more pictures of Peter the Pandapotamus with sculptures and stores. We walk an extra three blocks out of the way (because we didn't listen to me) and finally found the garage where we parked. Thanks to Allie's advice, we wound up on the roof (floor 11), though we were on 4, because she said the exit was that way. She was wrong, but we got out and on our way home. Thanks to my superior directional skills again, we find the street that will lead us straight to the hi-way and are on our way home.

I took Allie back to her house, but currently, Amanda and Melissa are over watching Chasing Amy. New Kevin Smith film opened today, but I didn't get to see it since I was supposed to be at the concert. Well, I'll probably write once more before bed, but for now...bye!

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.