Gail (gailmarie) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Good morning...errr...almost afternoon

God am I tired. But I can't sleep anymore, so why not write about the Indianapolis show? Yeah!

9:11am - Run to Wal-greens. Pick up 8 rolls of film and a camera battery. Go Home.

9:45am - Pick up Candace to babysit Zoe.

10am - Cici and I leave on time. (amazing, but we do).

I lost track of time after that. Took us a hell of a long time to get through Chicago (or at least it felt like that). Listened to BBMak, which in the CD Changer, was followed by Celebrity, then NSYNC, and finally No Strings Attached.

Somewhere around 11:30 we are extremely hungry and stop for a brunch-type of meal at Denny's. Mmmm, ham and cheese omelet. By a little after noon, we were back on our way. I decided to nap, cus the 5 hours of sleep was really catching up to me (and beating me upside the head.) I awoke when Chris pulled into a Stake 'n Shake. Shake Time!! Mmmm, a strawberry and chocolate shake to go please. (Chocolate is so much better.)

After shakes, we walk across the parking lot to the local Mejier store. Cici needs film and camera batteries (she isn't prepared like me). We walk around the whole store, cus we are like that. Found a bunch of cool stuff. The concert poster that they sell for $10, was only $3.50 there. There was also an NSYNC sticker book, and huge wall stick-ups of the guys. I wanted to get the set with JC and Chris, so I could take JC and Cici would take Chris, but we didn't buy them. Also spotted a Justin race car. The other guys were not to be found. Damn. Bought the film, batteries, and envelopes (we were planning on making impromtu notes to the guys..."why doesn't Chris sing fallen on the import album?"..."Joey, the world doesn't need anymore Fatones. Be safe tonight"...there was more, but I forgot them. We never ended up doing it. I think we should have. Damn.)

Continued on our way about 5 minutes to 2. We were about 45 minutes out of Indianapolis. Kept driving. Cursed as slow people. Found our way to the "big" city. (It was actually a pretty cute city. I enjoyed what I saw of it, but it's tough coming from Chicago and being impressed by anything else. I'd probably be impressed by New York, but I've never been there.)

We park in a garage across the street from the RCA Dome. We go find the chicky that would be giving us our sound check passes, and get in line. This was around 3:15. By 4:20, we hadn't moved, so I told Cici to go get our tickets from the Will Call window. More standing around doing nothing. The chicks behind us were insane and a little annoying, but they made comments on stuff that Cici and I would have held back on, and that made me laugh. There was this one woman, extremely tall, bad clothes, her long black hair curled up on her head, and bad pale make-up with red lipstick. I wasn't going to say anything, but one of the chicas mentioned that she should be touring with KISS. "Yeah, I wonder if they know she stole their makeup?" I almost died. It was great. For the most part though, they were just irritating. Around 5. They led us into this kinda scary, underground looking room. It was big and we were all just standing in lines. More waiting. At least 15 minutes. Probably about 25. Finally they lead one row into this door way. And the rest of us were still waiting. For another 5-10 minutes. I don't understand the point of that, but then they opened one door in front of us, and all of a sudden the lines disappear and Cici and I, who were in the middle of the middle row, are in the back of the heard. And we hadn't moved at all. A few more people were let in so we weren't the last, but for a while, we were. We enter into the dome, and are in a line to get seats. Unfortunately we aren't on a catwalk. Those would have been the best seats. We were actually about 3 seats from the end. Damn. But it was pretty cool. They all looked really good, even if Joey was wearing baby blue cross between jumpsuit and hospital gown. It was weird, but he was definitely not back to his normal self yet. I wish I had a camera with better zoom. My pics are going to suck, but I took a whole roll anyways. I wish we had been closer to the stage so at the end when they are taking off the mics, I could see their totally riped stomachs (like that one pic of Lance someone had. Gah!)

The Q&A was fun. They were definitely working to entertain themselves more than the fans, and I like that. One girl asked if they liked to travel, to which Justin replied, "Do you want the political answer or the truth?" JC gave the political answer, "We like to travel, but we hate all it takes out of you," or something like that. Another girl asked what candy bar they would be if they were one. Justin said he would be a Carmello because he was so smooth. Chris said he was a Mr. Goodbar, JC was called a Whatchamacallit, and I don't remember Lance or Joey's. That question was definitely more entertaining for them than the audience, who barely laughed at anything. They ended with a performance of "Pop" (they started with "This I Promise You") and then it was over. Seemed to go by too fast, but it was cool anyway. Got our cheap pre-signed b&w picture of them and was released back to the crowds outside the stadium.

Decided to go to the car and drop off some stuff. I decided not to take my purse or camera, or anything but money, ID and ticket. The way they had the set up, instead of being one seat away from the catwalk, we were one seat from the aisle. It's screwed up though, cus their sections went 1 thru 4 going right to left. All other venues had them going left to right. It makes me really pissed because we should have been on the catwalk. Saddens me deeply.

We had about an hour until they would start letting people into the dome, so we decided to walk around the great city of Indianapolis and find a bathroom. Being girls, we have an innate sense of direction for malls, and found a Nordstrom's within two blocks. Checked out the cute shoes and wondered around the mall (which was very pretty) for about 45 minutes. We walked back to the stadium, found our entrance gate and waited until 6. We found our way inside, went to the aisle it said to go to, and confirmed the fact that they had the set-up wrong. We entered from the direct opposite side of the stadium than our "seats" were on. It was backwards, and we should have been on the catwalk. Sucks a lot, and really made me want to complain to someone, but who? All the personnel were clueless. It took five men before they could figure out where we were seated. Hell, I could have found our seats, it was just a technicality to show the tickets to everyone you pass. They suck. Finally got to our seats. They weren't bad, 27th row, 17 seats from the catwalk, but I wanted to be on the catwalk. Arg!

Decide to walk around. Bought breadsticks and waters. That was dinner. Waited patiently for Steve to come out, so we could make fun of him. He wasn't there! Damn it, Fatone! What else do you do in your life except for mooch off your brother, and you couldn't be there?? Made me sad. Sadder than it should have. Damn it Steve!

During the first opening act, Little J or something like that, we took a bathroom break. I had drunken a bottle and a half of water. Bad idea before a concert. Second opening act was Deborah Gibson. I wasn't impressed, nor would I have been able to tell she was a professional Broadway singer and had had a number one hit in the 80s, if I hadn't known who she was previously. Last opening act was cute. She was Christina Milian. Reminded me a lot of Samantha Mumba because she was just so adorable, and was actually pretty good. After her, of course they put up the Countdown, and everyone gets excited until it says 30 minutes. Ha ha, you people suck. When it gets closer to about 10 minuted until actual showtime (when the 30 minute count down is up) a bunch of people are standing and staring at the pod, which wasn't covered up. I don't understand that one. Anyway, the crowd is so confused because they are playing the Rolling Stones over the speakers (like always), but because it's a live recording (hmm, oxymoron), there is cheering and stuff, so everyone gets up, expecting the show to start. Stupid people. This goes on for about 4 songs, and finally the lights go out. Everyone is standing looking at the pod, but Cici and I are watching the screen. Waiting for Joey to come on. Hee hee, he's so cute as a nerdy teacher. We watch the video, then, when everyone else has turned to the stage to watch the video and fake monks, we turn to the pod. Stupid people.

The show was fantastic as always. Chris was especially funny during the chaps strip scene. He overplayed it a bunch. Then some girl threw two dozens of roses onto the stage. He picked up the two bundles, and pretended that he'd just won a beauty pageant and hums the Miss America song. He offers the chaps to the girl, and does his "tough, you can't have 'em" before walking back to the stage. Some of the guys comment on his beautiful flower, then they go on with the show. Nothing went wrong. All the effects and stuff worked. Damn. But it was a good show.

We left at the beginning of Bye, Bye, Bye. I made another trip to an empty bathroom (amazing how that happens), and Cici and I both buy a set of those picture things that cost $5 each. I think the guy screwed up though, cus I was sure there were 10 different pictures, but we both only got 8. They might not have been the same 8 either. I don't know...we didn't compare them. We get our free Oreos and book it back to the car. We get in and settled and leave quickly. As we get to the garage exit, everyone starts flowing out of the dome. Try not to run over any teenies and follow the signs to I-65. We hit a stoplight as we see buses. 5 buses traveling. We speed to catch up and hit two more stoplight. We go through one (after seeing that it is perfectly clear) and get on the highway to I-65 and I-70. With careful maneuvering, we just about catch up with the buses as the road diverges into 65 and 70. They take 70. I wish in my head that we would have followed them. It's not like we would have gone all the way to Pennsylvania. It would have been a half hour at most. The two interstates run side by side for a little bit, and we are next to the last bus in line when the roads totally split. I kick myself over and over for having my camera in my purse, which was all the way in the back of the Blazer. Sucked a lot.

Still being extraordinarily tired (I honestly could have fallen asleep during the warm up acts. Yes, it was loud, but I could have done in very easily.) I was freezing. It's weird, because I'm a very temperate person, but when I get sick or overly tired, I can't control my body heat as well. My sweater is also all the way in the back with my purse, I couldn't get it. I sleep for I don't know how long, off and on due to the cold. We finally stop at a gas station, so I get out and grab my sweater along with a blanket. I think I was asleep again before Cici finished pumping gas. Returned home at 2:30. Got ready for bed, and while going to turn off my computer, wrote the entry from last night.

I just woke up at 11:45 this morning. Immediately turned on the 'puter, cus what else do I do all day? Right now it's 1:10. It's taken me an hour and 15 minutes to describe our journey, and I'm sure there's stuff I forgot.

Okay, so I really have to go shower, maybe feed the kid some lunch, since it's past 12. I'll come back soon, I'm sure of it.

Oh, and also. I no longer feel resentment toward the infant. I enjoy him, he's a funny guy. The only reason he's more popular is because all the teenies worship him. Strip away the teenies, and I bet he's not the most loved. Us mature fans base our favorites on different standard. What those standards are, I don't really know. JC's just pretty.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.