The forecast is calling for a 70% chance of snow in Chicago, to accumulate to 1 inch.
Now, that doesn't sound severe to me, though I am 100% expecting it to actually snow (if it doesn't, I'll need to thank some higher being for that).
But I've never flown in snow, and I don't think I've even flown in rain. I'm not really concerned about it, I'm sure the pilots are wonderful at that.
I am concerned, however, about a) not being able to take off, or b) not being able to land. I really don't want a delayed flight. I'm going to be up at about 5:15am so that I can be back in Deerfield (after deplaning, getting my bags, getting picked up by Zoe, and driving back) by noon.
That was my master plan. At noon, we can get lunch and possibly see a movie (Atonement is being postponed due to Molly Davis's work schedule, but I figure that Juno is a viable second option if we want to head into Evanston).
But if my flight is crazy delayed, I'm going to be sad and bored and possibly scared of all the terrible things that can happen in an airplane during inclement weather.
So here's to hoping it all goes without a hitch. I'll worry about my flight home closer to Dec. 24 (oh, and added pressure on that one...they might be holding off on a big family Christmas (eve) Dinner on my account. Oh gods of airline travel, please smile down on me.